12 Health Benefits of Turmeric on our Body
Turmeric is used as an ancient ingredient, spice for many decades. Turmeric has many antiseptic qualities. It is bright yellow-orange in color with different earthy taste. It is also called Indian Saffron or Golden Spice. Turmeric powder is one of the main ingredients in Indian Kitchens. Tumeric powder fixes a variety of health problems.
Turmeric properties include anti-viral, antioxidant, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-mutagenic, anti-inflammatory and many more. It grows in Central America and Asia. Curcumin is the active ingredient present in turmeric powder. Keep reading this article to find out more health benefits of turmeric powder.
There are many ways Turmeric can make you healthier by improving your digestion to relieving pain. Turmeric has several benefits, but we wrapped all data in a visual infographic format for more ease. Check it out.
Share this Image On Your Site
12 Healthy Ways to Incorporate Turmeric into Your Life –
1. Anti-Inflammatory – Arthritis Foundation has done various researches and they found turmeric beneficial in reducing inflammation. Arthritis foundation advised consuming 300-600 milligrams of turmeric up to two times a day for instant inflammation relief.
2. Improve Liver Function – Due to its anti-oxidant abilities turmeric has got great attention. Its anti-oxidant properties are so powerful. Turmeric powder is beneficial for diabetes patient.
3. Relieves Pain – Many Doctors, prefers turmeric as a pain reliever. It is also believed to relieve arthritis pain as well. Taking 800 milligrams capsule of turmeric will help in relieving pain.
4. Aids your Digestion – Tumeric adds deliciousness to food. It also plays a great role in the digestion of food. Due to it’s anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties it helps in proper digestion. It is also used as a healing agent in Ayurveda.
5. Boosts Immunity – Lipopolysaccharides present in turmeric possess some anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties which help in healing in our immune system. Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder mix it in a glass of warm milk before sleep. You will get great results in a short span of time.
6. Brain Protection – Curcumin is an active compound present in turmeric which repairs or heals stem cells of the human brain. It also helps in recovering from diseases like Alzheimer and Strokes. Many studies have shown that curcumin helps to improve the memory power of Alzheimer patients.
7. Blood Clotting – Curcumin modifies eicosanoid biosynthesis process in the blood. Turmeric has some anti-clotting properties which affect the biosynthesis of thromboxanes.
8. Reduces Depression – A few studies on Turmeric have also shown that Turmeric helps in reducing depression symptoms. As active compound curcumin impacts neurotransmitter function through BNDF. It provides only a 10-20% effectiveness rating on depression patients.
9. Boosts Skin Health – Turmeric helps in increasing luster and glow of skin, healing wounds and controlling psoriasis flares.
10. Regulates Cholesterol – Heart problems is one of the biggest problems in the U.S. (high blood pressure) at an alarming rate. Turmeric helps in regulating cholesterol level. Curcumin has no effect on blood cholesterol or triglycerides.
11. Improves Memory Power – Research studies have shown that people who eat curry score high cognitive function test. This research is done on Asian people because they include curry as their major part of a diet. Scientists also believed that Turmeric has some anti-inflammatory properties which protect the human brain from diseases like Alzheimer.
12. Turmeric makes food taste even better – Turmeric has not only health benefits but it also gives blend taste to curry. You can also add a teaspoon of Turmeric in a glass of warm milk and consuming it before sleep. You can also add Turmeric as a spice to your food.
NEGATIVE SIDE – EFFECTS OF TURMERIC
1. It thins your blood – Turmeric also makes you bleed more. It thins your blood. People who consume drugs like Coumadin, avoid taking large amounts of Turmeric.
2. Upset your Stomach – Large doses of Turmeric causes irritation in your stomach. It also affects your digestion negatively. It stimulates the stomach to produce more gastric acid.
3. Stimulate Contractions – Pregnant women should avoid taking Turmeric supplements. You can add Turmeric as a spice to food.
It seems that there are some health benefits to include curcumin in your daily diet. Turmeric has a great importance in our daily diet. It has several unmatchable benefits. Turmeric is used mainly in curry recipes. Adding it to your food recipes will help your body in several ways. It boosts immune health, relieve pain and aids digestion. It’s important to use caution while consuming turmeric powder. Consume it in small quantity.